Wednesday, May 07, 2008

ADAPTING TO ADAPTORS!


If there is one small piece of advise I could give anyone traveling to Europe...it would be BRING MORE THEN 1 or 2 ELECTRIC ADAPTORS!... Europe uses different plugs then us...the prongs are much different. We got a small kit that has a converter for the heat apliances ie; flat iron, hair dryer...which blew the moment I turned on the hair dryer...the simple adaptor works but I have to keep on low settings, to not BLOW my appliances, as they have diff voltage here. Hense the need for the converter. For the other things, like camera batteries and laptops...the plug adaptor works fine..but when u only have 1, well u have to make sure that everynight u charge all your stuff..each their turn, so they are fresh for the next day...HENSE the NEED for more then one!

My tip for the day lol.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Moon that is excellent advice. If only there were universal plugs.

Star said...

Thanks, and keep 'em coming. We leave dor Italy in 5 weeks.

Granny Annie said...

So, I shall welcome you home...again. I was one of those who misunderstood and thought you had returned earlier.

I have never traveled outside the US further than Canada (didn't know you then or would have called) so I don't know about converters, etc. It is fun to hear other's stories, but still don't have plans to go abroad.

Anna said...

I'll keep that in mind for our trip to France....

and when will that be Monette?

*giggles*

cindy wilson said...

Don't I know what your talking about...I have went European LOL Now I have to do adaptors the other way around. Strange.

Cindy

Bobkat said...

Oh yes! And the UK is different to the rest of Europe, although the voltage is the same. I guess I am used to it as I need an adapter wherever I go and I just don't bother taking appliances to the US because of the need for a converter!

Melody said...

We found that Venice had different plugs to that of both Germany and France, so I don't know if it was a whole Italy thing or just a Venice thing.