Wednesday, September 09, 2009

SUMMER IS OVER...

So it's sad but true...Sept is here, hense its OVER!! Thankfully we had a beautiful labor day weekend so we made sure enjoy the pool. We won't be heating it past this weekend. ...
We had lot's of BBQ ...hotdogs sat, and hamburgers on sunday and monday was corn on the cob and lot's of it lol!
I also made a really cute center piece...I saw it in a magazine and thought, it was a great idea...Take 3 apples, hollow them out, (if u add abit of lemon juice to the water, it will prevent them from going brown right away)...then I cut some of the flowers I have growing around the house...turned out really cute if I do say so myself! Here is a photo....Click twice to see the full view..
Cute center piece idea 2

Thankfully I had a lot's of colours to choose from...Next yr, I may try with other fruit, like melons or oranges..
Hope you all had a nice long weekend...

2 comments:

Star said...

What a great idea for a centerpice. I would have to "borrow" some flowers from my neighbor as I sadly do not have a green thumb.

Pat said...

The only flowers I seem to have just now are Michaelmas daisies.