Tuesday, October 09, 2007

GREAT WEEKEND IN NEW YORK STATE!



Our first road trip with the new ride was great...well actually the fact that I had 3 days off was AWESOME!! New ride or not lol.




The new ride


The trip there was grey but it looked like we were driving among the clouds..they were so low...we actually enjoyed it. No hurry...time was ours. The NY interstate 87 is a beautiful highway...all trees and valleys...and this time of yr with the fall colours was gorgeous, grey clouds and all. I have lots of pics taken while driving,in Flickr, but this one shows a sun trying hard to peek through the clouds.


NY interstate 87 (2007 Oct)1


Chris laughing at Scarlette and I...we are at the Cheese Cake Factory resturant....Great Food!


Chris laughing at 2 boogers


Me and Scarlette...my dear friend. We had such a wonderful time with her this weekend. Exactly what I needed. We got some shopping done...(got a great pair of ankle boots to die for!) Had lots of laughs with Scarlette...spent time with her sister Teri and husband and kids...


Best part is knowing Scarlette isn't that far now. She has been a great chat friend for atleast 6 yrs now...even before I met Chris...But she lived in Hawaii for over 20 yrs...(not the closest place to be lol) She finally moved closer to home and family last yr. It takes only 4.5 hrs drive between us. So I look forward to her coming here for a weekend.


Her nephews will be participating in some sort of band thing here in Montreal in the near future...So we can all be groupies and hang out with the Bagpipe Band when they all come down lol.....CAn't Wait!!


My dear friend Scarlette and me.


I just had to post this pic...I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this ATM machine...I have heard reference to these before but always thought it was a joke


Until NOW...zoom to next pic lol


NY ATM Machine


YES FOLks....This is a DRIVETHOUGH ATM... so...why the BRAIL!!!


ATM Machine- close up


Chris driving....duh


Chris driving


The drive home was clear and sunny.


NY interstate 87 (2007 Oct)


All in all, this was a much needed break away for me and Chris. The bonus was spending it with a special friend who has a big heart, an easy laugh and great sense of humour...it's a wonder we don't pee our pants when we get together....although it gets close sometimes lol.


Oh and btw...hope our fellow canadians had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure thankfull for mine.


What did u do for your long weekend??? Do tell!!


10 comments:

kenju said...

I did nothing noteworthy, I can assure you! Enjoyed your pics, expecially the fall color. We have been in such a drought for so long, our leaves are just dropping off, and not changing color at all.

JustSue said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! I worked (as ususal). We didn't end up having a Thanksgiving dinner at all this year due to our conflicting shifts - but have plans to go out for dinner tonight.

Anna said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. You and Scar look so happy...what a great picture.

It's just too bad we're all so far apart. It'd be cool if we lived close enough to visit more often but 4.5 hours isn't too bad of a hike.

Love the new car!

*hugs*

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That ATM is really funny....A DRIVE THROUGH with Brail....LOL! I truly did laugh out loud....
Geem the trees are gorgeous aren't they? How wonderful to get away and to see a good good friend too....! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
I LOVE that picture of Chris driving where you can see the scenery through the window....Beautiful!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That ATM is really funny....A DRIVE THROUGH with Brail....LOL! I truly did laugh out loud....
Geem the trees are gorgeous aren't they? How wonderful to get away and to see a good good friend too....! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
I LOVE that picture of Chris driving where you can see the scenery through the window....Beautiful!

cindy wilson said...

The pics are wonderful, once again you have captured the moment and shared it with us. Thank you. Glad you had a good time. Wasn't a long weekend for me since I don't live in Canada.I only work on Monday and Tuesday, so I guess you can say each weekend is long for me.LOL
Take care
Hugs
Cindy

Bobkat said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and it's great that your friend is closer to you now.

I just love the colours of the trees in that last photo together with teh blue sky it looks simply gorgeous! What lovely countryside.

Bess said...

Love the drive-up ATM -- the only thing I can think is, maybe they're expecting that someone else is going to drive the blind person to the ATM, and the blind person doesn't want to tell the driver their PIN? But then how would the blind person actually reach the buttons, if they're in the passenger seat? Either they'd have to get out of the car and walk around, or the driver would have to go through the drive-up backwards...

Sorry I've been out of touch. I've been feeling kind of swamped, and not in the way that feels good to complain about, so I haven't felt like writing much. :P But I'm always glad to see your updates -- sounds like you had a lovely time in NY. :)

Karen said...

Wait. Did I miss a long weekend? Actually, we've been busy, busy, busy here. Homecoming, Packer games, parties. Lots of fun, if I think about it!

Michele sent me. Glad you had such a terrific trip!

Anonymous said...

yay for road trips