Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stupid or just STUPID!?

This week in my life.

The 5th was my baby sister's bday. She turned 38 this week (sorry for telling sis) lol. BONNE FÊTE MA SOEUR!
When it's her bday, it's my half bday lol. We were both born on the 5th..mine is in march so exactly 6 months between our bdays. I don't celebrate it lol but it does put a skip in my step..and I sing the Happy Half Bday to me song in my head lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another priceless conversation with a caseworker. This one with the social worker who tends to not the clients, but our needs so to speak. She called to catchup after the summer.
Her...So how was the summer? Clients good? Same ole same ole?
Me....Yup, all is good, everyone had a good summer.
Her...Oh you got married too didn't you? How was it? Did you go away?
Me....Everything was beautiful yes, had a great time...and we went away for 5 days for our honeymoon.
Her...Did you have a sitter stay with the clients?
Me....No, we left them alone in the house for the whole 5 days.
Her...........................pause.........
Her....HAHA very funny...I guess I asked for that one..haha
Me.....Yes u did. (incert eyeroll and head shake here)

Let me remind u all that I have a 42 yr old blind, mute, epileptic with the mental capacity of a 6 month old.......That SHE...helped place in my care.....nuff said?

Anyone ever ask u such a stupid question you just had to answer?

11 comments:

Carrie said...

How in the world do you come up with such clever answers?

Ramona said...

That was the perfect answer!

JustSue said...

Country comedian Bill Engvall has made a career out of these "stupid people saying stupid stuff" moments. I truly believe 99% of the problem is people don't listen and pay attention.

The comment by your caseworker was probably made whilst she was flipping through files, documents, her computer etc. and not doing what any polite person would and should do when having a conversation...and that is giving you her full undivided attention. It's a sad reflection of the times we live in and how everything is go-go-go.

Alternatively, it could be that she is just a complete dolt.

Mark said...

Happy late half-birthday!

Here from Michele's.. :)

Sandy said...

happy belated half-birthday. ;) Happy birthday to your sister.

Stupid questions? Well that came up all the time at the job I left a month ago. Now new people finds ways to ask me them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. The reassurances were appreciated.

kenju said...

That's exectly what you should have said. I bet she is kicking herself for asking that.

Jay said...

All the time, but then again, I've been told I have no filter.

Shephard said...

People ask without really thinking it thru, don't they. lol. Loved your answer.

Michele says hello!
~S

Karen said...

Yes, she definitely walked into that one! Pretty funny!

Michele sent me today. Hope you're having a great day!

yellojkt said...

You have to wonder how rhetorical some questions are. Glad you had a snappy comeback.

Michele sent me.

carmilevy said...

I used to teach a business communications course in college. I always told my students that there was no such thing as a stupid question. Alternatively, I told them the only stupid question was the one they did not ask.

Anyway, after reading this entry, I'm inclined to change my perspective. Too funny! Thanks for the laugh, Moon!