Saturday, September 30, 2006

MY MOMMY IS GONE...WHAAAAAAAA

Well it's been a busy week. Mom and my step father Ben arrived last Sunday and we were kept busy all week. We were thrilled to show them around and just spend precious time together. I will post pics of the places we went in my next post.

Mom's last visit was 16 yrs ago...rest assured that I have been to see her over the yrs. Not often mind you...In the past 20 yrs I have seen her 6 times...not alot under any circumstances but we are avid phone talkers lol.

I thought I would post a few then and now pics...

Sixteen Years Ago...mom with my daughter at 6 weeks old... Then...
Cleo at 6 weeks with her grandmother
Mom with my daughter at 16 yrs old... Now...
My mom with my daughter Cleo..
Mom, Me and Cleo ....Then...
Mom and I, with Cleo at 6 weeks old
Mom and Moi.(not doing myself any favours here arrrgggg!)....Now...
Maman et Moi
Thought I would add a pic I found of me with my grandmother when I was 6 weeks old also lol....
Me at 6 weeks with my grandmother

From childhood to adulthood...I think many of us feel that same familiar twinge of the little person inside of us no matter how old we are at certain moments in our lives.
For me over the yrs, not seeing my parents often because I live so far away....those moments in time when saying goodbye....when your trying not to cry....and your waving....I feel like that little girl again...wanting my mommy or daddy to stay....Then it's time to turn around and walk away...shake it off..brace the shoulders and be a grownup again. I'm in my 40's afterall lol.

Do any of you have those moments still? or am I a big baby? lol

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg your daughter looks just like you at 6 weeks old!

It's funny, when I see pictures of my mother when she was young, I looked just like her! at that age.

I don't see my family very often at all. It's been a few years since, actually.

When did we become "grown-ups!"?

When we're young, kids or teens, we don't see the big picture. It's only until later when WE have kids, that our eyes are opened to not just the relationships we have with our children, but our relationships with our own parents.

Kinda eerie sometimes! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Blog, Sharing and loving. Thank you. I feel blessed with you in my world. Thanks

Rick

JustSue said...

It's funny...I look at photographs of my mother in her 40's and realise I am approaching that age myself. Strangely enough I don't feel nearly as wise or worldly...or grownup as I remember her being.

Lovely photos Monette. And thank you for the comment earlier. I've missed you this week mon amie.

Question: I know Cleo only speaks French..is your mother bilingual?

Moon said...

I totally know what u mean about the age thing, I feel the same when I look back at some of these pics and realize the age thing ....and yes , both my parents are bilingual ...they never lived in quebec but their parents both came from here ...there are many small pockets of francaphone* canadians across canada ...hense both my parents speaking both languages to this day.

Jay said...

I have those moments far too often!

Sounds like you had a good visit though. God you girls are gorgeous. You have very liquid eyes. I always wanted to be a brown eyed girl.

The Witch Doctor said...

Sounds like you had a good visit with your mom :)
I'm glad, I know how much you were looking forward to it...

I've missed you this past week... kickin my arse in gin and canasta...

Just a quick question... since her last visit how many times has Cleo see her grandma?

kenju said...

Moon, back when my parents were still alive and visiting here, I cried everytime they left me and I cried verytime I had to leave them when I went to their home. Hopefully, you will never lose that!

kenju said...

P.S. I also meant to say that you and your mom could be sisters, and all of you look great!

Ramona said...

Uncanny how much you ladies all resemble one another! There are some good genes in your family.
And, you're never too old to miss your family

Bess said...

What a bunch of babes! ;) That picture of you with your grandmother gives away your bilingual heritage: "6 weeks Avril 1963" I love that. :)

I never really have those tough parting moments. I sometimes feel like I should, when the person I'm saying goodbye to is sniffing and getting all misty. The only time I can recall that I ever really welled up was when I was living in Colorado, and I said goodbye to my boyfriend of the past year who was moving back to Montana -- because we both knew that things would never work between us, but we still cared about each other, and saying goodbye just made it so overwhelmingly final.

Student of Life said...

Don't you people ever age? A previous comment is that you two could be sisters, and that is very right. It's astonishing. I'm in the same boat, Moon, although it'd only take me TWO days to drive home. I'm glad you had a good visit.

Facets of V said...

Moon I cry everytime I have to say good-bye to a loved one, and I'm older than you!